Everyone has heard of the Dog Whisperer, but have you heard of The Teen Whisperer?
While Lisa Jander is the Author of the book "Dater's Ed," she is also the model of her methods – and she is an excellent role model. Lisa, teen whisperer, wants you to know that she believes her techniques can truly be replicated by parents, teachers, counselors, or anyone who wants to help their teens, young adults, or themselves as a single parent for that matter on the road to healthy relationships.
Survival, Fun, Freedom, Power and Belonging are the Five Primary Needs of Teens and are essential throughout a child's life, not just through but beyond the teen years.
Lisa provides concrete steps that parents can take to guide their teens as they work together to create a stronger relationship. Kids will learn to:
- Trust themselves and others:Trust is an integral component of any relationship, but this goes so much further than just being able to trust your girlfriend or boyfriend at a party while you stay at home! Trusting in oneself is what makes us strong and gives us the ability to make sound decisions in dating and in life. This teenage dating advice from the Teen Whisperer actually applies to people across the age spectrum!
- Process emotion and pain in healthy ways: Opening yourself us to another person can leave you vulnerable not only to a whole host of positive emotions, but heartache as well. A part of the Teen Whisperer workshop is learning how to understand and process strong emotion in a healthy way as opposed to translating it into negative and detrimental behavior.
- Understand and appreciate boundaries:Listen up boys and girls! One of the things young people so often forget about with one another when in relationships is to respect each others’ boundaries! Boys, keep your behavior respectable in those darkened cinemas; girls, give him space to enjoy time with his friends (and in many cases, vice versa!) This Teen Whisperer workshop topic will resonate strongly with parents as well as their kids.
- Gain joy and pride in real work: Many teenagers strongly believe that school is an extended form of punishment, but in reality, it’s preparation for life and a career! The Teen Whisperer workshop strives to expose how hard work and determination can yield benefits that go beyond an impressive report card (which results in impressed parents, ergo a better chance of getting a car for your 18th birthday).
- Live a life of love, respect and gratitude:This is a consistent theme of the Teen Whisperer workshop and one that applies to both parents and their teens!
Contact the Teen Whisperer
Lisa can be contacted at Lisa@DatersEd.com. If you don’t have any luck finding her there, she is probably on a roof watching hot air balloons with a bunch of crazy teens singing off-key. If you see Lisa wandering aimlessly in a mall parking lot with her keys in her hand, please help her find her car.